Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, April 09, 2010

Writing Stuff

Hey folks, great news:

Yesterday I signed a contract with Nimbus Publishing to write my first nonfiction book, which is currently titled Green Soul: a tour through the lives of Atlantic Canada's sustainable trailblazers. It will come out in September 2011.

Also, I've been doing some writing on Silver Donald Cameron's new project, The Green Interview. It's a subscription website but if you're keen to be a smarter mammal I highly recommend it. The site features one-hour interviews with the most brilliant, radical thinkers of our time (including the man who sounded the climate change alarm, the woman who fights bio-pirates in India, and the man who fights illegal whaling operations worldwide). Click the picture below to take a gander:


Speaking of Green Interviews, I interviewed Jim Merkel, author of Radical Simplicity, when he was in Nova Scotia last week. You can see my column on him by clicking this picture:


And, uh, here are three other columns I didn't get a chance to post until now:

1) War on Earth: Against the people's wishes, governments and the war industry choose destruction over protection:

2) Gas tax dodge: Sin taxes on driving, meant to be spent on green initiatives, are instead going to build more roads:


3) More Jobs Per Green Buck: If the Nova Scotian government seeks to bring balance to the budget, it must let the funds flow to green infrastructure:

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Congrats on the book contract. That's really great news. Looking forward to hearing more.

Benowen said...

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

EB

Chris Benjamin said...

Charles: thanks, I'll keep you posted. My novel comes out this Sept so watch for that too.

EB: Your welcome. I guess sharing my talents is a good way to look at it. I've been advised to boast more but I find it hard to do.