Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Video of Accra

For those of you interested, check this out. You can download the video and get a glimpse of what it's like in Accra.

In other news, I met with Orphanage Africa today, an orphanage plus some run by a British-Spanish woman. All very interesting and I will be doing an audit of the children receiving educational supports i.e. going to schools and making sure the kids are in school, that they need the financial assistance, and basically guaranteeing to the outside funders (as an outsider myself) that their money is going to where it's supposed to. An interesting job and not one I've done before so good learnings there, I'm sure.

Otherwise, post-university blues faded fast and I'm looking for other things, including jobs in Halifax. Taking life as it comes, I think.

I met a very excellent Cuban woman today here as a doctor. Really great getting a chance to speak Spanish and she shared her own frustrations with living her. I hadn't thought about it but for her, as a non-English speaker, it's quite difficult. Even for me, I'm always challenged as people are speaking any of the many Ghanaian languages and I'm often left out of the loop. But I still have the advantage that people learn English in school and it is a mostly English printed society. I liked the fire in her and how she so quickly and easily related to me. A good egg.

OK, it's Friday night and I just gotta go get something to eat.
More later then, Miia

No comments: