Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Economic Emancipation

Z Mag's new website is finally live and includes their January issue free. That happens to be the issue with my feature.

See Economic Emancipation: Ghana, Africa, the World.


Shameless self-quote:

“The most valuable thing we've gained from our outer space explorations is that image of Earth, that beautiful perspective on our collective home. The most important things I learned from my travels through faraway lands are those ideas and perceptions of the place I come from, those other outsider perspectives on what I think I know.”
--Chris Benjamin

7 comments:

Chris Benjamin said...

oh man i keep remembering other great movies i saw last year that i forgot to include on my list. I have added The Trap and Cinderella Man to the list, check it.

Furbottle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furbottle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furbottle said...

In response to your unrelated filmic comment on Economic Emancipation, I found the movie The Pursuit Of Happyness rather good as well. Then again I have an unreasonable fondness for both Will Smith and Thandie Newton. The latter the slightly more so.

Cinderella Man had the best title ever eh. Opie knew what he was doing there. I recently saw Mssr. Crowe in an other film entitled 'American Gangster'. Aired in a pair with Denzel Washington. Whose actifying I much admire. 'Twas Good as films go.

Chris Benjamin said...

not familiar with Thandie Newton, but as to those gentlemen, all fine actors. And Opie too.

Have you seen Ali? I also enjoy Michael Mann's direction.

Benowen said...

Excellent articles,both. Your article Economic Emancipation demonstrates the fact that where poverty isn't the motivation then greed is and when both are working together a lot of damage is done.

Chris Benjamin said...

that's a really good summary statement, could have used that as the tagline!