Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

14.7 pounds-ish of love, cuddles and hope












We don't have a reliable scale at our place so last night when at a friend's, we weighed D-man on their scale. 14.7 pounds. That's a lot of breastmilk!
Highlights of the past week:

1- I'm going to take D to a seniors' centre with me to "volunteer" i.e. hang out with seniors so that they can enjoy his baby self and I can enjoy their senior selves. On my tour of the building, I introduced D to the 100-year-old woman there. 100 years of difference between them. Somehow staggering. I said to Dylan, "I hope you too get a long and good life."
2- Library baby's first books this Friday. A good crew of parents who are really letting me know that the journey is hard but totally worth it.
3- Some awesome cooking this week. Thanks to Chris' cousin Jacob's friend Sonny who last year gave us an Indian cookbook and opened this world of good food.
4- Watching Dylan as Chris and I read to him a picture book. His face reveals his sense of marvel at the pictures and follow Chris' hand as he points out pictures. Each new page brings out a laugh and giggle.
5- Working it all out with Chris as we become parents together. Both of us have our good and bad days but I have this feeling we're going to come out so much stronger together at the end of it all. Let not our love waiver even when we feel we falter ourselves.
M

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Good and bad days are the rule but in the end being a parent is so incredibly rewarding.

Melissa said...

Holy schmoley, that's one heckuva cute baby.

Still, I don't envy the hard parts...which is why I'm happily ogling your offspring instead of having my own. Not everyone is cut out for parenthood... : )

Furbottle said...

Re: the pimping out of baby to seniors. I like the idea. Tried to get something similar started years ago in Japan but it got killed by bureaucratic obstinacy. Also, I tried it with English teachers instead of infants. Big mistake. Neither can speak Japanese, but the latter's shortcomings are more readily forgiven.

Goo!